BITMAIN ANTMINER S5+: The New Standard
Bitmain is proud to introduce our newest iteration of AntMiner, the S5+. This model is comprised of three hashing modules, each of which is approximately the same form factor as the S5, with the addition of an extra hashing board located in the middle of each module. The new design squeezes 144 BM1384 chips into the same area that the S5 fit only 60 chips into.
- Hash Rate: 7722 GH/s ±5%
- Power Consumption: 3436W (at the wall, with AC/DC 93% efficiency, 25Cambient temp)
- Power Efficiency: 0.445W/GH (at the wall, with AC/DC 93% efficiency, 25Cambient temp)
- Rated Voltage: 12V
- Chip Process: 28nm
- Chip quantity per unit: 432x BM1384
- Dimensions: 275 mm x 372 mm x 155 mm
- Cooling: 6x 12038 fan
- Operating Conditions: 0 °C to 40 °C
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- Power consumption figures vary with your PSU’s efficiency, the ambient operating temperature and the accuracy of the power meter.
- PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 3 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input on each hash board and ALL of the 3 are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board! You can still connect different modules with different PSUs.
Bitmain recommends using the APW3-12-1600-B2 for use with the S5+, however, please note that three PSUs are required to power one S5+.
- Separate power supply to control board: there is one additional 6pin PCI-e connector on the IO board which must be connected to PSU to get power. When using several PSUs, be sure to power the hash boards first and the control board only after the hash boards have been powered.
The three modules are linked together and operated with one controller board located on the middle unit. Customers must buy the set of three modules as one unit; Bitmain is not selling the individual modules of the S5+.
In addition to the higher hashrate, the AntMiner S5+ also achieves a better power efficiency than the standard S5. At 0.445J/GH, the S5+ is approximately 13% more efficient than its predecessor.
|AntMiner S4+||AntMiner S5||AntMiner S5+|
|Chip||204x BM1382||60x BM1384||432x BM1384|
A New Cooling Solution:
The S5+ uses an unpainted aluminum casing. It also does away with the larger heatsinks of previous models; instead each chip is fitted with its own small heatsink for greater heat dissipation.
Each of the three modules contains two 12038 axial fans, one on each end. Each fan runs at approximately 4,200 RPM.