BITMAIN ANTMINER S5: The New Standard
Just over a year ago, Bitmain released its ground-breaking Antminer S1 to the market. Miners no longer had to sacrifice space, noise levels and hashing power in order to mine. The S1 became the staple of the home miner, before being upgraded to the Antminer S3 7 months later. Today, Bitmain is proud to announce its 3rd generation chip in conjunction with its 9th product: the Antminer S5.
Chip Specifications: BM1384
Bitmain’s 3rd generation Bitcoin mining ASIC, the BM1384 provides significant improvements over the previous BM1382 chip. Hashrate per mm2 at voltage 0.75V has been increased over 20% while reducing power consumption by 30%. This improvement is the result of months of hard work and investment in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Building upon the foundation from the S1 and S3, the Antminer S5 retains the same small form factor of previous miners, but, with the more efficient BM1384 chips. The S5 uses 1 fan for quieter home operation and features multiple improvements over the strong S3 design.
Hash Rate: 1155 GH/s ±5%
Power Consumption: 590 W (at the wall)
Power Efficiency: 0.51 J/GH (at the wall)
Rated Voltage: 12V
Dimensions: 298 mm x 137 mm x 155 mm
Cooling: 1x 12038 fan
Operating Conditions: 0 °C to 35 °C
Certified By: FCC / CE
Network Connection: Ethernet
- Power consumption figures vary with your PSU’s efficiency, the ambient operating temperature and the accuracy of the power meter.
- PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all four are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board.
- When better power efficiency is needed in the future due to higher network difficulties, you may want to buy some special PSUs 9V DC with more than 10A output, which will allow you to have a 0.2J/GH mining efficiency, but at lower hashing speed.
A New Cooling Solution:
- Heat will be dissipated from the top of the chips, which are powered in a chain style design on the PCB. This PCB layout concentrates the heat onto one side of the board, making heat diffusion efficient.
Two customized aluminium heat sinks draw all the heat to the middle of the miner, and allow the use of just one fan to keep the S5 cool and quiet.
Miner Experience Revolution – Manage your miner with ease
- Miner status monitoring
- Pool configuration modification
- Firmware upgrade
- Share administrative privilege over the web